Monday, July 16, 2012

Workshop Update.

Hey Everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for praying for the workshops we have been doing and I would also like to thank you all for your patience for this update!!!! For the last month, me and Anita have been giving workshops in the slum we work in. Being that Anita is a Psychologist, we decided to start giving workshops with Anita giving the Psychological part of a topic and me doing the Biblical part of it. So far we have done workshops on Self-Esteem, Character, and Forgiveness.


Making cookies with some of the youth after the workshop.
We have been giving these workshops on Thursdays, once in the morning for whoever wants to come, and in the afternoon for the youth. So far, we have not had alot of response with the morning workshops but the workshops with the youth has grown. Right now, we have 12 youth coming to the workshops and we are slowly getting to know them. We continue to pray that more women will be interested in the morning workshops but we realize that we do need to promote the workshops more and get out into the community to reach out to those who don't currently participate in the ministry's programs. Please continue to pray for the morning workshops, as if there is no change in the next few weeks, that door will be closed for us to continue. I trust that if God closes that door, he will open another one.

In this last month, I also had the opportunity to teach the women's bible study while their teacher was away. I find it quite interesting how God has opened so many doors specifically for teaching and public speaking since I arrived in Costa Rica. I remember the first time I was pretty much forced to take over the children's class at the soup kitchen and around the same time was pushed into teaching English at a orphanage school. I used to tremble with fear to just teach kids. I never thought that I would be placed in that position. 
Teaching the ladies Bible Study.
Since then, teaching kids no longer challenges me like it used to but God is opening doors to teach youth and adults. I embrace these challenges and ask for your prayers as me and Anita continue to lead workshops. It has been such a blessing to look back and see God's work in me and to see and understand that I can do all things with Christ who gives me strength. God does not always choose our tasks by personality but by a willingness to serve Him. When we serve Him, he opens our eyes to a whole new world of service to Him and we soon realize we are more capable than we think and that their are always new giftings to develop and discover. God has really been teaching me this lately.
Anyways, I pray that everything is well with all of you on that end and I look forward to visiting some of you when I come to Canada in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment